In this episode of the Made it in Music podcast, Full Circle’s own Seth Mosley (Grammy/Dove Award Winning Producer/Songwriter) sits down with Dean Diehl.
What you’ll learn in this conversation:
– Dean went from being a school band director who didn’t even know the music industry existed, to now helming marketing at Provident Label Group as the Senior VP of Marketing – quite the story!
– He had a stint during his career at Provident where he left to go teach college at Trevecca Nazarene University. Outside of being a professor he added Provident back to his plate in which he now serves both Trevecca University and Provident Label Group. He is always giving books to his team members and helping them to grow and stay on top of the industry trends.
– He has a personal mission statement of “helping people to realize their dreams”. And he has certainly done this for many artists on a major scale.
– One of our favorite moments in this interview was when he shared how a lot of young artists see Christian music as a place to start out, like a stepping stone to another platform in the industry. You’ll learn in this conversation why that is NOT the path you should choose. You’ll also learn that it generally isn’t ARTISTS who are able to successfully make the crossover, but instead, SONGS.
– Dean gets vulnerable about a massive mistake he made early in his career, and how he learned to “Ask Good Questions” as a result.
– Lastly, in this conversation, Dean covers the ONE KEY METRIC that labels DON’T want the public to know.
– Dean is here to share his incredible story about how he made it in music, and he is here to help you do the same.
Provident Music Group is a division of Sony Music, whose labels include Provident Label Group, RCA Inspiration, Essential Worship and Essential Music Publishing. These labels are home to an artist roster including Casting Crowns, Zach Williams, Third Day, Kirk Franklin, Matt Maher, Tenth Avenue North, and more.
Quotable moments from this week’s podcast:
“There is no consistent formula for success. Each path to success is a complete different story.”
“When you’ve reached a point where most would say “well done, it’s finished…’, continue and strive for even more excellence.”
Book mentioned in this episode:
Find out more about Dean Diehl and Provident Music Group: HERE
Find Full Circle Music on social media
Subscribe to our YouTube Page for more incredible resources just like this one, all FREE for our friends like you.
As always, thanks for listening and be sure to give us a review on iTunes if you have not already done so. We appreciate your feedback!